Sign in to follow this  
pointyboot

Why so quiet?

Yes, it would be nice if there were more life in this forum. It doesn't all have to be about heels and fashion either. Or tales of venturing out in daring footwear. I have tried to respond whenever I see a new post and have posted new topics myself - but all have withered on the vine, after a post or two.

I disagree that the departure of some of those longstanding members you refer to at HHP was a bad thing. At least one of them was posting (regularly) highly inappropriate images and venturing far beyond what one would want or expect to read in what is ostensibly a fashion forum. A couple of the others were moderators who went rogue in a big way. 

On the subject of footwear, I am in a rural pocket of South America at the moment, on assignment, and wearing some excellent vintage knee-high lace-up dispatch rider boots which, aside from being stylish town, provide wonderful projection from mud and rain and chigger bites on the ankles when I am in the jungle. Gotta love 'em. 

21 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Yes, it would be nice if there were more life in this forum. It doesn't all have to be about heels and fashion either. Or tales of venturing out in daring footwear. I have tried to respond whenever I see a new post and have posted new topics myself - but all have withered on the vine, after a post or two.

I disagree that the departure of some of those longstanding members you refer to at HHP was a bad thing. At least one of them was posting (regularly) highly inappropriate images and venturing far beyond what one would want or expect to read in what is ostensibly a fashion forum. A couple of the others were moderators who went rogue in a big way. 

On the subject of footwear, I am in a rural pocket of South America at the moment, on assignment, and wearing some excellent vintage knee-high lace-up dispatch rider boots which, aside from being stylish town, provide wonderful projection from mud and rain and chigger bites on the ankles when I am in the jungle. Gotta love 'em. 

I did not suggest that the HHP departures were all inappropriate as I recognise that some of them were justified for the reasons you indicate.   However, you have perhaps closer knowledge of the background as the true circumstances were not clearly revealed at the time, especially as 'offending' posts are invariably removed by El Supremo (usually without explanation) before many members can see and judge them.   I understand that this action has in turn caused others to withdraw.

I agree that there is scope here for more than just heel and fashion discussion, a point that has been made before.   And you are right that attempts (including mine) to widen the content have often failed.

Yes, I know you have tried to widen the content. The weird thing is that some of the people who say the site is dead never bother responding to anything, let alone starting a new thread, on any topic. With only a couple of people who ever bother responding or starting a thread it is simply impossible for the forum to survive,or be revived. 

Since I started this thread, I guess I'll speak up. It DOES seem that there are only 3 or 4 of us paying attention here at this site. Admittedly, I still check daily. Not really sure why this place has turned into a ghost town....... 

Indeed. Funnily enough on HHP one of the threads has veered into discussing the idea of their being a blog where guys can discuss wearing heels in a way that is presentable to their better halves without all the extreme/fetish stuff that interests a portion of HHP members. Nobody ever thinks of this place, which could be exactly that. It has become a kind of spiralling vortex  - they don't post here because its moribund and its moribund because they (or anybody) doesn't post. And so it goes. I'm certainly happy to  post and generate new topics.