Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

The Outing V.

I have two 'ticketed' gigs lined up so far this year.

One local, early start so no heels there.

Second one, back to a venue I previously said I would not return to. It's been 3 years, and a lot of water has passed under the bridge.... This time I hope to manage things a bit better, so "cock-ups" are avoided. I plan to wear court shoes again. I'm really tempted to wear red patent courts, but this might be a bit too much.  ;) :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

Hi Mr fred, glad you are back, just to let people out there know I would love to add my bit now and again, but I don't really do anything these days, I have reached a time in my life where I just do want I want and don't care what people say, if you had asked me about my life in heels 30 years ago, I could give you some feedback about my journey living in heels, it's been a long journey since my first day at infant school way back in 1955, where it all started for me, yes I can remember that day. and I remember flying boats moored up at Southampton, good days way gone.

13 minutes ago, dww said:

Hi Mr fred, glad you are back, just to let people out there know I would love to add my bit now and again, but I don't really do anything these days, I have reached a time in my life where I just do want I want and don't care what people say, if you had asked me about my life in heels 30 years ago, I could give you some feedback about my journey living in heels, it's been a long journey since my first day at infant school way back in 1955, where it all started for me, yes I can remember that day. and I remember flying boats moored up at Southampton, good days way gone.

You are wrong if you think your memories of those days are unimportant, or uninteresting. Write them up here?

I have met several people, and I might include myself in that group too, who have had their outlook on wearing a heel publically/socially, changed through the experience of others. I remember vividly feeling frustrated that I had no social interaction with like-minded people, or even if there were any like minded people outside of the TV community.  Writing up your experiences on your own "dww history" or "dww recollection" thread would be enormously interesting. Not only would members read it, but many many other guests would too. Give it some thought, then maybe start that tread? ;) B)  

8 hours ago, dww said:

We must be very close in age and I have many memories from the same era, albeit not the same locations.   So, yes, I too would like to hear more about your past (heel-related and otherwise) - and maybe it will inspire me to write likewise about mine.

Afternoon campers I will start at the very beginning, early things I remember most vivid getting out of my mum and dads motorbike and sidecar walking around the front and putting my hand on the exhaust pipe, I remember that as if it was yesterday was about 2. Anyway back to shoes remember my first day at infant school little girl in my class ( I do remember her name) wearing a lovely pair of red sandals, I thought I would love a pair just like that, had a pair of twins in my class one wore red sandals the other wore same pair in blue boy did I envy them, two boys in girls style sandals, That how it all started for me, cannot give you any other reason, I have thought about it for years, but that is where it started.

On 4/26/2019 at 2:40 PM, FastFreddy2 said:

Writing up your experiences on your own "dww history" or "dww recollection" thread would be enormously interesting. Not only would members read it, but many many other guests would too. Give it some thought, then maybe start that tread? ;) B)  

Obviously missed (too subtle)?

Another of my threads hijacked by those unaware of what "keeping conversation on thread" means.... :rolleyes:

7 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

Obviously missed (too subtle)?

Another of my threads hijacked by those unaware of what "keeping conversation on thread" means.... :rolleyes:

You did say (above): 'You are wrong if you think your memories of those days are unimportant, or uninteresting. Write them up here?'   The mischief appears to be in the ambiguous word 'here'; clearly you meant 'this board but not this thread'.   I shall stand in the corner in penance (and flat shoes).

2 hours ago, Puffer said:

You did say (above): 'You are wrong if you think your memories of those days are unimportant, or uninteresting. Write them up here?'   The mischief appears to be in the ambiguous word 'here'; clearly you meant 'this board but not this thread'.   I shall stand in the corner in penance (and flat shoes).

That's a comment, taken completely out of context, as well you know. I have not invited anyone into my lounge ("here") to write up their past experiences. In fact I went to some pains to suggest/point out, there should be a thread dedicated to such memories.

I'm happy to see you standing in the corner doing 'penance', B) but I can assure you, standing still in a heel would be much more uncomfortable, after a short while.  ;) :D

Edited by FastFreddy2

I am truly sorry if I have upset anybody in replying to answer post but not being an expert computer person I thought I would carry on with whats being said, so maybe I will sit back and wait until things die down, reply in a bit, Bye for now.

5 hours ago, dww said:

I am truly sorry if I have upset anybody in replying to answer post but not being an expert computer person I thought I would carry on with whats being said, so maybe I will sit back and wait until things die down, reply in a bit, Bye for now.

You've upset no-one. :D

I am having a little fun at (hopefully) Puffers expense. ;) 

If you are unsure how to start a 'DWW experience' thread, just say and one of us will start it for you. 

There is a tendency "here" (on this web site) to start a thread on a particular subject, and contributions wander all over the place. This might be due to senility of course, or the inability of those here to focus. In the absence of moderation to encourage it, I have voiced some enthusiasm for keeping threads "on track". If for no other reason, than it makes back-tracking (finding something previously written about) a whole lot easier.

In fact ..... 

Nope, tried to "quote" the text into a new thread, and it don't work. :blink: :wacko: :unsure:

Edited by FastFreddy2

10 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

That's a comment, taken completely out of context, as well you know. I have not invited anyone into my lounge ("here") to write up their past experiences. In fact I went to some pains to suggest/point out, there should be a thread dedicated to such memories.

I'm happy to see you standing in the corner doing 'penance', B) but I can assure you, standing still in a heel would be much more uncomfortable, after a short while.  ;) :D

Well, my dear Freddy, my immediate reaction to that was - until I read your later post below - one of concern, as I don't believe anything there was taken out of context.   But I will accept that you were having fun, or attempting to.  :unsure:   Neither dww nor I was trying to hijack your 'thread' (or invade your 'lounge'), as we believed we had been invited into it.   (I suspect that the concepts of a 'topic', a 'thread' and a 'post' have been somewhat confused - understandably perhaps as they are not entirely mutually exclusive.) 

I do NOT wish to go over old ground but clearly there is still a perceived problem if and when a topic is started and the OP considers it, in effect, as 'his' - such that nothing should then be posted by others that could be regarded (in the OP's sole opinion) as in any way challenging or tangential.   Whether that is an accepted or desirable component of board etiquette I do not know, but there is a danger of free exchange on this board being stifled.    But I do think that the initial post on any new topic should contain a clear notice to others if response is unwelcome, or at least restricted in its nature.

3 hours ago, FastFreddy2 said:

You've upset no-one. :D

I am having a little fun at (hopefully) Puffers expense. ;) 

If you are unsure how to start a 'DWW experience' thread, just say and one of us will start it for you. 

There is a tendency "here" (on this web site) to start a thread on a particular subject, and contributions wander all over the place. This might be due to senility of course, or the inability of those here to focus. In the absence of moderation to encourage it, I have voiced some enthusiasm for keeping threads "on track". If for no other reason, than it makes back-tracking (finding something previously written about) a whole lot easier.

In fact ..... 

Nope, tried to "quote" the text into a new thread, and it don't work. :blink: :wacko: :unsure:

@Puffer et al.....

If someone starts a thread.... (Starter is known as "OP" original poster AFAIK) there is a declared subject matter. Usually not well hidden in the title of the thread.

So lets say I start (or you start, or someone starts) a thread called "my new bicycle", and the OP goes onto to write up about their bicycle (as expected).

Contrary to your declared understanding, that thread ISN'T open to discussion about umbrellas, wellingtons, pineapples, nor overcoats. The subject of the thread is "bicycles" and that is pretty plainly understood to everyone on every other BB I've ever been part of. "A thread", or any thread, isn't a free for all that allows anyone wishing to make comments about; the weather; where they go shopping; or how old they are. THAT would be described as something "off thread" or "off topic". And again, contrary to your rather 'straw man' point, keeping the subject "on thread" isn't going to stifle democracy, nor 'free speech'.

If the OP writes something about bicycles and someone wants to make a comment about the price of oranges, that second subject (price of oranges) should get it's own thread. If the person who wants to declare they are upset about the price of oranges, or the taste, quality (whatever) and can't be bothered to start a new thread (possibly titled "Have you noticed the price of oranges these days?" the chances are the issue just isn't important enough to be mentioned. Nothing to do with democracy, nothing to do with free speech. 

This thread, or the MKII is and was about 'outings'. If someone wanted to contribute, the expectation would be/could be, others would share their 'outings' planned for the next few months, or further forward. This would be 'on topic' and wouldn't be a contribution by the OP at all. (Obviously.) Euchrid for example, goes to lots of places to see bands, with or without heels. His 'on topic' contributions would have been very welcome,  because they were "on topic". In fact I'm disappointed he doesn't have his own "Outings" thread here because he could keep us all interested in his activities.

Edited and returned, having had some very positive contact from from Puffer. B)

Edited by FastFreddy2
  • Thanks 1

Freddy:

No-one intentionally hijacked your thread (this one); they joined in because they thought they could, however mistakenly.   I understand entirely your points about going off-topic but dww (and then I) did not deliberately do so, because we thought you were encouraging others to reminisce about their earlier life etc.   The mistake made - and I repeat that it was unintended - was to put those contributions and follow-ups into your thread rather than starting new ones.   I for one apologise for that and I hope we can now move on - your continuing contributions here are appreciated and I hope they will continue.   

Edited by Puffer

18 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Good bye

I hope not; Freddy has much to offer here - and he should not be the only one to make positive contributions.

18 hours ago, Puffer said:

Freddy:

No-one intentionally hijacked your thread (this one); they joined in because they thought they could, however mistakenly.   I understand entirely your points about going off-topic but dww (and then I) did not deliberately do so, because we thought you were encouraging others to reminisce about their earlier life etc.   The mistake made - and I repeat that it was unintended - was to put those contributions and follow-ups into your thread rather than starting new ones.   I for one apologise for that and I hope we can now move on - your continuing contributions here are appreciated and I hope they will continue.   

As before, a minor problem completely resolved by restarting the thread. B)

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

I hope not; Freddy has much to offer here - and he should not be the only one to make positive contributions.

I see the man of little substance has returned, not sure why since he has hardly anything to say, and all of it negative. :rolleyes: As this example shows.

My how time flies. Is it September already?

Edited by Shyheels

14 hours ago, Puffer said:

I am struggling to see anything positive about this latest rant, chasing off a rare poster for not following Freddie’s arbitrary rules - who the hell made him moderator? - and on a forum that is virtually dead anyway. What does it matter if the guy posted something that Freddie feels is irrelevant or draws attention away from Freddie? His over the top response is just another of many reasons why this forum is dead on its feet, and those that visit don’t stay.