Sign in to follow this  
ImInHeels

Where to start?

Hey,

Not sure where to start.

Im 24 from the uk, and trying to get the courage to ware some nice stiletto heels out. Which i still cant bring myself to do, even at night when there is almost no one around.

2 times now i have been out in a wedge style shoe (these were black, all-be it a shiny black you wouldn't see on a guys shoes. Both these walks were about a mile. (these shoes were over 4") however they looked a little like trainers with my jeans on

i'll leave it there for now

ImInHeels

Let me be the first to welcome you to the site. :cool:

24 years old and into wearing heels? Jeez, how lucky are you? :lol: :grin:

Thanks FF2

I just can't bring myself to ware them out yet, I would love (even if it was just out in private no party's or nights out) to get to walk for a while in a nice pair stilettos.

It would be great if i had the guts to wear them every day. and be able to pull the look off.

I live on an island, which makes it worse. there is no town where no-one knows me (we do have population of over 80,000 people) so its not that small but small enough.

Sounds like there might be a big chunk of water between you and the mainland. :cool: No chance of you meeting up with any of us then, and enjoy the support of like minded people taking you out somewhere in heels? :lol:

If you do ever come over to London though .... :grin:

only a short flight away to london. I should be there again in a few weeks, however i wont get much time to play sadly.

The other thing that is putting me off is I'm at "" consultant and therefore work with a lot of clients, the last thing i want is clients having a problem with me and not getting work :grin:. (Its the kind of think you would hope wouldn't be a problem, and you never know how people will react).

But these things are all there to be overcome. Hopefully one day.

only a short flight away to london. I should be there again in a few weeks, however i wont get much time to play sadly.

The other thing that is putting me off is I'm at "" consultant and therefore work with a lot of clients, the last thing i want is clients having a problem with me and not getting work :(. (Its the kind of think you would hope wouldn't be a problem, and you never know how people will react).

But these things are all there to be overcome. Hopefully one day.

Shame you won't be meeting up. Perhaps another time? ;-)

Actually, you sound a bit like a friend I have in one of the financial sectors (maybe from your Island) who might have similar challenges in his field, were high heels an indulgence .....

I too share a similar problem, in that the people within my industry would not tolerate an active interest like mine if it were to become public. :-(

Welcome ImInHeels, and thanks for introducing yourself.

Looks like you found out where to start, and just hope you continue posting now you have started.

I think we've all been where you are with regard to getting outside in your preferred footwear, and there is no easy answer but to go for it. I've only done very little heeling in public and then in very masculine styled wedges and block heeled boots with 2" heels, but that got easier as I wore them more. It got to the point where I realised no one was noticing and now want to go further, but just need my wifes backing to go more daring.

Hope you get to where you want to be with your heel wearing.

welcome welcome!!

in some circumstances its easier then other!!

mean time enjoy it when you can!!;-)

Well for the first time in ages (many months (over 6)) i decided to go for a walk in my wedges.

I park my car about a 7-8 min walk away from where i live. I was going to walk there in my heels but decided to walk to the car in my trainers, and then walk back in my heels.

I almost chickened out, however i put them on and thought its not good been see hanging around a carpark i will walk towards the main well lit road, thinking i could always turn around, however in the end i did walk all the way home. hope i can do this more often.

I almost chickened out, however i put them on and thought its not good been see hanging around a carpark i will walk towards the main well lit road, thinking i could always turn around, however in the end i did walk all the way home. hope i can do this more often.

I know that feeling .... :( :-(

Well done. You're a great example to us all. ;-)

So much of the "challenge" exists entirely between our ears.

Which I guess is true about a lot of things in life. . .

There is a way that you can wear your heels in public and for a very good reason as well. you dont need to be shy as you WILL have everyones support. why not use it as an excuse to raise money for charity. organise a sponsored walk for yourself to say walk 5 miles in your heels. i done this for Help the heroes charity. it was good fun and i raised a lot of money for my chosen charity. i spoke to lots of people during the 3.5 hours it took me to walk the 5 miles and everyone was very proud of what i was doing. i choose to wear PLEASER XTC 826 platforms with a 7.5'' heel and 4'' platform. if you want to see me in my heels then type KEVIN COZENS IN HEELS in google and see what you come up with. im sure there are plentys of charity that would appreciate you fundraising efforts. oh before i forget it was a very busy day and there were hundreds of people around. this is what i wanted as the whole idea of the heels was to attract attention so they would slip a little money in the collection bucket that my mate (in trainers) was carrying for me. it was a great day and im doing another walk next year for cancer research. it will be 10 miles. have a look at my thread in the HEELBUCKS CAFE section and pick me a pair of heels to wear on the walk. hope you get there in the end. :oops::smile::lol::smile::lol:

I've not been around here much recently. Hardly done any heeling. However i recently got a new pair. I've only worn them out at night, but for some reason I really like them.

The first time i saw these kinds of heels i really didn't like them. however now i do like them.

They are High Heeled Trainers. So look like trainers, have a nice 4" heel, big blocky heal made of rubber (so no clicking sound).

I hope to get my courage up with several night walks in them.

post-5093-1292096016_thumb.jpg

I got them from New Look. I'm not sure if i'd want to wear them in the daytime. At least not locally, maybe a somewhere further afield.

Wow - it has been ages since I last posted. Sadly I'm not much further down the line, however I have been going out at night more often in the heels in my previous post as well as the following ones attached.

The first pair with the chunky heel click very loudly! They are also very high at over 4.5" tall. The second black pair i've worn out for the first time tonight, on a walk home from my car!

I can't believe how much they click!

post-5093-129209601612_thumb.jpg

post-5093-129209601613_thumb.jpg

post-5093-129209601614_thumb.jpg

post-5093-129209601615_thumb.png

post-5093-129209601617_thumb.png