Sign in to follow this  
dww

Heels 4men.

I have noticed a few people on hhplace are looking for a site that just caters for us males that like heels and nothing else girly, and I am with that 100% as a guy who wears heels every day and not interested in nail polish dresses or anything else female, but at the end of the day good luck to those that do and good luck to them, each to their own. So I say come on guys post a few comments on here and get things going, and I know the good fred will be back soon, looking forward to it.

David.

I am just into wearing just heels with men’s clothes. That’s why I joined here ( joined the other site as I found that first).

Indeed.   Let's concentrate on 'men wearing heels as men' as far as possible.   But we should not outlaw men wearing other footwear (not necessarily with heels) or ancillary items (jeans, leggings etc) that do not amount to overt cross-dressing.   And I see no harm in diversions into other 'blokeish' subjects if they foster some friendly exchanges.   

I think that's a good idea, especially as regards other general topics and friendly exchanges.

I certainly favour tall boots without heels, and wear them quite a lot, over skinny jeans.

I’ve also taken, lately, to wearing cheerfully coloured Converse All Star sneakers as a means of fun self expression. 

On 3/21/2019 at 4:01 PM, dww said:

So I say come on guys post a few comments on here and get things going, and I know the good fred will be back soon, looking forward to it.

David.

It would appear, my verbose mutterings (welcome or not) at least make a contribution in keeping the place ticking over. Nothing written here for over 3 weeks, it looks like. Obviously, no other active member is a frustrated author (or someone without a life.)

I think men looking at men wearing women's clothing must be a lot more entertaining than we are led to believe, or this site would be a lot busier having attracted HHp members over? Not that I have a view either way .....

Actually, I do have a view....

I don't mind anyone wearing anything, as long as it looks attractive. I have been sent links taken from HHp of slim men wearing women's clothing, that looks just as attractive style-wise, as it might on a woman. (Big 'hurrah'.) To counter that, I have seen women wearing women's clothing, that looked just awful. In some ways it's about making the most of what you "have". Diet and exercise can change the basic starting point. Age can pretty much thwart everything. (I don't mean being over 30, I mean being over ... 50 or 60 perhaps).  'Life', meaning age related "wear and tear" can take a toll. Young skin in a dress, is always going to look better than old skin in a dress. That said, old skin can look good too, it's just a bit harder to get there. I would put old slim over young over-weight any day, when it comes to dressing to be elegant/attractive. Certain shapes, suit (sorry) certain styles.

Since stopping full-time work (again), I have put on weight and am currently looking at ways to get my waist-size down. With my sweet-tooth, and capacity to gorge on cake without the feeling of sugar-sickness often felt through over indulgence, it's a hard fight. What doesn't help, is the people around me like to offer 'treats' too frequently. I'm loathe to refuse hospitality, so I indulge. Dunno about about FastFreddy, maybe FatFreddy? :wacko: 

The solution is to use the mountain bike I bought last Autumn. Last week I fitted mudguards, and changed the tyres to puncture resistant ones, that want to work given how much they cost. (I've bought cheaper tyres for my car!!!) I have a plan .... :rolleyes: ;) :D

So men wearing whatever they like is okay with me. As long as they look 'the part'. Same it true of woman. Who am I to judge? No-one, but I will, just as everyone does. We are programmed (DNA) to judge in the first 3 seconds of initial contact: friend or foe. I have seen things on sites (not just HHp) that don't work for the wearer. In the context of a personal fantasy, anything goes, but publish a look that doesn't 'work' at your own risk. 

If the active members of this site want to attract members from elsewhere, then there needs to a fundamental shift in what members believe is attractive to prospective new members. While the following will seem a bit caustic, I am making the comments that at worst could be perceived as "tough love".

In writing CV's, I have read (and given advice) on what should and shouldn't be included. Two "absolutely never" interests are: reading: needlecraft/painting/going to cinema (for example). Why? because they are all solitary pastimes. When recruiting, you are looking for a team member. Starting a thread about reading books? Surely it needed a film trailer to cross reference? We are a visual culture. Few people read books, few have the time/inclination. 

Another thread detailing a very old film suggesting the clothing worn in the film depicting a scene over four hundred years ago, would be an attractive notion if those styles returned? There is more chance of powdered wigs returning ... Where was the film trailer, cross-referencing styles in an encyclopedic way? Why were long boots worn then? Living in a cold draughty castle? Riding on horse-back? Neither of those circumstances exist as part of normal life these days, and 'need' is a great driver for clothing. Long boots for men will never return unless there is a global catastrophe. 

Q: What threads would be interesting/attractive to men who like to wear heels or like looking at heels? What are the 'slam-dunks'? 

A: Threads about heels. With pictures, video's, articles.... Places to buy, costs, quality. Stories .... Who doesn't like a story?

Lets say there are 5 active members here. Pick a day of the week, and write something about heels on that day every week. Pick a day someone else hasn't picked. Tell a story from your past, or a plan of something you expect to do in the near future. Or link an article that has pictures, and give a summary of your thoughts. Absolutely no-one here is too stupid to do these things. Some are a bit 'idle' (like to read rather than contribute) but that might change if the active members lead the way to a righteous path. :D

I'll take Saturday, and at least one other day. Monday maybe. B) If there is at least one new response every day, there's a longterm reason to keep visiting, and maybe visit every day?

Edited by FastFreddy2
Grammar.

Few people read books? Perhaps in your world. In the broader world book sales are actually booming. 

Interesting thoughts, Freddy, but I can't say I agree with all of them.   Maybe a more considered response later - no time at present.

I do however disagree about your 'CV' advice.   Absolutely nothing wrong with solitary pursuits, nor are they necessarily damaging (and scarcely fatal) to a prospective career.   Not everyone is required to be 'Jack the lad' in terms of team-playing; skill and attention to detail demonstrated in a constructive or intellectual pastime may be highly desirable.   (When recruiting, I was always wary of those whose interests were primarily sporting or social, for much this reason.)

On 4/21/2019 at 4:12 AM, Shyheels said:

Few people read books? Perhaps in your world. In the broader world book sales are actually booming. 

Quite so.   The world does not revolve around screens and push-buttons, despite the attempts of many.   (Perhaps thery are too busy 'team-playing' rather than developing constructive skills and proper communicative ability - see above.)

Edited by Puffer
Was wrongly attributed (to dww) in first sentence; sorry!

1 hour ago, Puffer said:

Quite so.   The world does not revolve around screens and push-buttons, despite the attempts of many.   (Perhaps they are too busy 'team-playing' rather than developing constructive skills and proper communicative ability - see above.)

Yes it does.

Exactly the attitude that keeps this site 'ultra niche'. 

If you want to build an attractive place in the cyber world for people to 'meet and greet', you surely don't want to encourage singular activity which by it's very nature, would exclude them from here? Obviously you do, but is it working? I think not. 

As for the quoted comment regarding book reading is on the increase - joke surely? Book reading is not on the increase in the Western world. 

In point of fact US surveys show that reading is rising especially among millennials - with print proving more popular than digital. 

You may not read - I gather you don’t - but many people do. Most, in fact. 

And Puffer is quite right - few employers are looking for Jack the Lad types. 

Edited by Shyheels