Sign in to follow this  
euchrid

"Sky high heels"

This silly tabloid trend really irks me.

Shoes/boots with fairly standard heel heights (barely 4 inches in some cases), being described as "Sky high heels", "Skyscraper heels", "Vertiginous heels" or other stupid term.

They are ordinary heels, available to all, found in most high street stores, nothing extreme or noteworthy about them to be honest.  Here's a recent example:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6661955/Rachel-McCord-traipses-nude-lingerie-sky-high-heels-outdoor-photo-shoot-LA.html

I suppose its a form of Clickbait.  

I entirely agree about the hyperbole that seems to attach to any press mention of 'high' heels.   Although the Daily Mail, for example, gives fair coverage of heel-related fashion and stories, it does seem incapable of mentioning heels without attaching trite and unnecessary qualifiers.   Enough to send my blood pressure 'sky-high'! :angry:   

• Like 1

On 2/3/2019 at 5:49 PM, euchrid said:

This silly tabloid trend really irks me.

Shoes/boots with fairly standard heel heights (barely 4 inches in some cases), being described as "Sky high heels", "Skyscraper heels", "Vertiginous heels" or other stupid term.

They are ordinary heels, available to all, found in most high street stores, nothing extreme or noteworthy about them to be honest.  Here's a recent example:-

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/tvshowbiz/article-6661955/Rachel-McCord-traipses-nude-lingerie-sky-high-heels-outdoor-photo-shoot-LA.html

I suppose its a form of Clickbait.  

It is, I think, and for dummies like me - it works.

Not often, but it has happened, where the headline mentions 'sky high heels'..... And then doesn't show a picture of the heel. :rolleyes: