Sign in to follow this  
WalkTall

Tempting - they look nice - but expensive.

I have a couple pair of made to measure boots from Jean Gaborit which I like very much. The fit is perfect, the construction spot-on and the quality of the leather is absolutely wonderful. Their suede is incredibly thick and rich.

Those boots you are looking at do indeed look very elegant. One of the great things about made to measure tall boots is the nice fit around the calves and ankles. That makes a statement pair of boots really make the statement.

Edited by Shyheels

19 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

I have a couple pair of made to measure boots from Jean Gaborit which I like very much. The fit is perfect, the construction spot-on and the quality of the leather is absolutely wonderful. Their suede is incredibly thick and rich.

Those boots you are looking at do indeed look very elegant. One of the great things about made to measure tall boots is the nice fit around the calves and ankles. That makes a statement pair of boots really make the statement.

Ah. https://jean-gaborit.com/gb/13-theatrical-and-costume-styles

Would they do a heel though?

6 hours ago, Shyheels said:

Their boots really are first rate.

You pay a 'bit', but than you quite something.

They use high quality leather.

You have style, @Shyheels :-)

Thanks. I think in the long run the custom made boots are extremely good value - a bargain, really. The leather will last forever and the boots can be resoled. I can have them the rest of my life and enjoy them. The fit is perfect too, and on tall boots a good fit around calves and ankles is essential. It's one of the things that sets custom boots apart from those found in high street shops.