Sign in to follow this  
FastFreddy2

Office Thigh Boots.

During Monday morning I got the idea of phoning Office to locate an 'in store' size 8. If I had to pay full price, I would have a size 7 to swap out. What's to lose?

They were able to tell me, 2 pairs showed 'in stock' in the London area. I rang the first store, 'gone'. Stock updates take 24 hours, and that pair had sold on Sunday. PROBABLY after I had left London, as I had left unusually early. The second store ... Had them in stock still. (YAY!) They would keep them, but I had to collect that day as they didn't hold items overnight. I got the name of who to ask for, and all was arranged.

I did have to pay full price, though the on-line discounts continued. ??

When I got home it was too late to try them on in any meaningful way, but it was immediately obvious they were going back ....

The size 8's were not too small in the foot, though they were not roomy by any means. "Tight" would be more accurate, but the 5" inch heel made up for that, and experience tells me, my foot re-shapes itself after 20-30 minutes to accommodate this problem usually. The bigger issue was the absence of any zip in the ankle region. The wearer has to push their foot past a stretchy but (very) tight ankle at the bottom of the shaft. My left foot which is smaller than my right, took a good 5 minutes of pushing, to get my foot in the boot. Once on, everything was fine, but the on/off routine was a stopper. [In my younger days, I might have had a girlfriend wear these, assured that when things got 'hot' they would be no time for removing them, as the moment of ardour would have passed otherwise.]

While some with masochistic tendencies may have favoured this aspect, or those who enjoy the thrill of almost being caught red-handed by a partner, neither of these figure in my life. Unless these were to be worn for hours, they were a non-starter. They desperately needed an ankle zip, not uncommon with boots of this length or fitting style.

So, what did they look like on?

P1040179a.thumb.jpg.151514fcea39a32ce2dc

As usual, baggy ankles. With this design, it is inevitable, because every part of the foot needs to squeeze through the lower calf section of the shaft. These boots are actually touching the back of my calf's, which is almost unheard of with a boot. I'm sure a zipper would have made these an entirely different prospect. Easier to get on/off, and a better fit.

Same boot, but my left leg, has 6 pegs hidden out of shot, taking some of the 2 inches of excess away. Looked better, felt better.

P1040190a.thumb.jpg.ddd2f920c9e1efe79058 

I thought I would have 30 days at least to return them, as many retailers allow post Christmas returns on purchases at this time of year. Nope. 14 days. They were returned Thursday night, with me having bought them Monday evening. Two trips into London, and expensive exercise, but hey. I would not have known otherwise. 

And the size 7's ordered on Sunday? Delivered yesterday (Thursday). But not to me. Neither me nor Office know who they were delivered to at the moment .... I was home at the claimed delivery time too. The name on the receipt is not known to me either... No card left, and no neighbour has brought them to me. Not that everyone else would, but I always re-deliver something I've taken in, ASAP. I don't want even the merest suggestion/hint/whiff I might be doing anything with someone else's goods to satisfy my curiosity. "Sorry, I thought it was for me, so I opened it." Someone else's property, is treated as such. And most couriers only give you 24 hours to report damage to a delivered item, so there is potentially a time constraint on the re-delivery to the addressee. Whoever has them, has already had them in their possession for a day and a half (two full evenings). Long enough for anyone to work out, the addressee will be missing the parcel?

Edited by FastFreddy2

A funny thing happened early this afternoon.....

After 3 days of seeing a package languishing in their home, the 'good-hearted-but-not-very-bright-neighbour' finally realised the courier may not have left a note to say a delivery attempt had been made at the delivery address. (Not that it had, since I was home at the time.) The lady who took the package in, doesn't even live in my street ..... :rolleyes:

Worse, the boots look to have been worn. The soles are not scuffed, but are dirty, the heel tips have minor wear, and both shafts are marked - with something.

Mrs Freddy was persuaded to model this time .... Notice the baggy/sagging ankles (again) ...

P1040227b.thumb.jpg.83c91c6b996a123ed626

There was no way to tie the thigh laces so they didn't bulge either. An elastic gusset might have worked better?

These boots certainly needed a zip from the lower calf to the instep to work.... 

After speaking to Office, these were returned on Monday.

I have to say .... While Yodel have as useless as their reputation suggests they might be, Office having been blindingly good about the whole thing. They provided a free returns label, and have said they would cancel the transaction as soon as the boots were posted. Not only helpful, but sympathetic too. "Recommended".

If only their shoes came in 'true' sizes .... ;) :D

Seen in Office shop during 2015/2016 Winter sale on 3rd Jan 2106 ....

568a7eac93d5e_Officebootonsaleat66.thumb

Still no purchase though .....

Edited by FastFreddy2
Removed image of red patent court.... Where did that come from?

38 minutes ago, Shyheels said:

Why not?

They don't fit, and look horrible. (As the revue indicates surely?)

Or were you waiting for the year 2106 as per your post? :-)

Yesterday (3rd Jan) I was looking to trawl several Office outlets, specifically for versions of their court shoes. Ideally, a second pair like these:

568a95cfe7662_Officetension.jpg.d4d30b86

But no luck finding an 8. :(

Edited by FastFreddy2

A funny thing happened ..... 

Tonight a pair of new/unused Office Essex boots, UK8/41 with 4½ inch heel went through the auction site. I did check when they got listed about a week ago, what the calf circumference was; sadly around the 15" mark. I was still tempted though, because these boots look to be so stout they might still keep their upright shape, rather than bag/sag around the lower leg. As a reminder, these were £160 new from Office, and the last pair I saw like this, went through at under £90.

Copyright acknowledged. (This is not my image.) Reproduced for non-commercial purposes only.

Essex boot 2016.jpg

£295 !!

Edited by FastFreddy2

Just found this pair on Ebay, not from Office. I like the heel and do seem to be a slim(ish) fit.  Just not in my size.

Resize of CY2 IMMORTELLE.jpg

7 hours ago, Heels said:

Just found this pair on Ebay, not from Office. I like the heel and do seem to be a slim(ish) fit.  Just not in my size.           

Some details would have been nice, especially since you are not a potential bidder.

I've seen similar styles, but I'm not a big fan of round heels, not least because you don't often see them on a mans shoe. The heel height and rise looks good though. :)